How often do medical surgical masks be replaced?
It is best to replace it every 2 to 4 hours.
Medical surgical masks are suitable for the basic protection of medical staff or related personnel, as well as protection to prevent the spread of blood, body fluids and splashes during invasive operations. The protection level is medium, and it has certain respiratory protection performance. Particles are blocked on the surface of the mask or ultrafine particles block the gaps in the filter material of the mask, causing a decrease in filtration efficiency and an increase in respiratory resistance. Therefore, it is recommended to replace it every 2 to 4 hours.
Under what circumstances do I need to use medical masks?
Under normal circumstances, in outdoor public places, you do not need to wear a mask, but you should avoid direct contact with other people's respiratory secretions such as sneezing.
1. Influenza patients should wear masks to avoid spreading to others.
2. Wear a mask when treating, nursing, and visiting flu patients to avoid infection and protect yourself.
3. Medical staff should wear masks routinely when diagnosing and treating patients with respiratory infectious diseases.
4. In the case of bad air pollution, you can wear a mask for your own health.
The correct way to wear medical surgical masks
After distinguishing the front and back of the medical mask, the upper and lower ends, wash your hands first, and check whether the medical mask is packaged in good condition and whether it is damaged or stained.
1. Place the medical mask horizontally on the nose and mouth, and hang the ropes at both ends on the ears with both hands.
2. Pull the folds of the medical mask upward and downward simultaneously with both hands, so that the mask can completely cover the mouth, nose and chin.
3. Use the index fingers of both hands to firmly press the metal strips on both sides of the bridge of the nose, so that the upper end of the medical mask can be close to the bridge of the nose.